Saturday, October 12, 2013

No Wasted Days...

There are moments in our lives that change us...define us...mold us and our way of thinking forever. These moments forever etched in our minds are almost never planned for. The unexpected moments that challenge who we are everything we have ever been taught and pull it out of us at any given moment. These moments make us realize how strong, or how weak we truly are. Times like this make you want to hold your loved ones a little closer tonight, be a little less angry at the world, and little more grateful for all the small things that you take for granted. They make you reflect back on all the silly things you have been worried about and realize they are just not that important. It makes you want to pray a little more and gossip a little less...That the only trip that are truly worth taking is when we bow our knees to pray...

We walk around as if we are untouchable, immovable, and never broken. Yet, under all our facade of perfection lies, brokenness, hurt, and pain. Unexpected tragedies bring this to the surface and we are overcome with who we are and what really matters in the light of eternity. At your last moment, would you have wished you stayed more nights at the office? I didn't work enough?! I didn't shop enough?! I didn't get popular enough?! NO! It would be....I didn't love enough....
I didn't kiss my loved ones everyday or tell them I was proud of them, that I needed them, that I loved them....
Let us not wait until it's too late to start living how we wish...let's start living everyday is the light of eternity. Change starts with you...holding the door open for the next person, giving a smile, spreading the light. My commitment is that I would not let one day be wasted. No day is a wasted day if it adds to the person you are. 

#nowastedday

No comments:

Post a Comment